A Learn-by-Doing Guide to MEAN Stack Web Apps.
is for anyone interested in learning how to develop MEAN stack web applications. The MEAN stack is a collection of four main software application components (MongoDB, Express, Angular, NodeJS) that are used together to form a complete web application platform.
This book provides a real hands-on learn-by-doing approach that will keep you interested. You’ll enjoy real-world examples delivered in a fun and light-hearted style while discovering (or reinforcing) core skills that every software professional would want in their repertoire.
What type of book is this?
is what you might call a tutorial-style guide. The material takes you through a series of activities that help develop knowledge by gradually building up a practical MEAN web app framework.
Who is this for?is for you if you have one or many of the following traits:
- You are interested in learning how to create modern web applications;
- You are a non-developer, for example a marketer, founder, product manager or entrepreneur and would like to learn how to turn your great ideas into working products that you can evaluate, validate and perhaps even launch;
- Or perhaps you are a developer or programmer or software engineer and you like coding or perhaps you would like to enjoy coding more;
- You feel that traditional technical books can be a bit dry and sometimes too theoretical;
- You like to learn-by-doing. In other words, you learn best when you get your hands dirty working in a practical way with the very things you are learning about;
- You’ve heard about this MEAN stack technology and you would like a nice easy and well described way of getting to know all about it;
- You would like something to complement the great content you regularly read in blog articles, tutorials and other such sources;
- You sometimes find the material you use to learn either assumes too much background knowledge or doesn’t go deep enough to get you productive;
- You would like to create your own web apps using the MEAN stack and would love a starting point.
What will you get out of reading it?
By reading you will benefit in the following ways:
- You will no longer be baffled by MEAN-related blog posts, tech articles, boiler-plates and generators that quickly drop ideas and concepts in front of you but leave you scratching your head as to what to do with them;
- You will have a solid understanding of the MEAN Stack ecosystem including its foundation components, some of the more advanced parts and supporting tools;
- You will be able to use the various parts, components, tools and documentation that are part of the MEAN stack environment on your own projects;
- You will be able to rapidly spin up a brand-new MEAN web app from scratch and be productive with it in minimal time;
- You will be able to have productive conversations with other technically adept people about some of the nuances of MEAN web applications;
How is the book structured?
is structured around the idea of gradually building up a functionally complete environment, framework and code-base for a MEAN stack web application.
Many technical books tend to launch you deep into the background of a specific technology including its fundamental principles, architecture, structures, data types, etc. For someone just starting out with a technology, that traditional approach is a bit backwards.
The structure of this book addresses this issue by providing you with a series of incremental wins. Each time a new topic is introduced you get to apply it then find out a little bit about the thinking behind it. The idea is to take you from a minimal starting point all the way to a working MEAN 'starter kit' that you can use time and again as a launch point to kick off your future projects.